Hi I’m Praneeth Kumar.
In this blog post you will learn how much money can you make from blogging
After reading this ultimate guide all of your queries and doubts regarding how much you can make from blogging will be answered for sure this my guarantee.
So without further ado let’s get started.
Here’s a 30000 foot view of the blog post.
What is the best way to monetize a blog for higher income?
Before we actually get into real numbers and details of how much you can actually make blogging, Let’s create some context and learn how you actually make money from blogging CONSISTENTLY if you are not really aware about it.
Sell Affiliate products.
For those of you who do not know what affiliate marketing is, it is about selling other companies products and earning a commission whenever people purchase the products that you recommend from your affiliate links in your blog posts.
When you are initially getting started on your blog affiliate marketing is one of the best ways you can make a good amount of money from your blog consistently over a period of time.
The beautiful thing about Affiliate marketing is that you don’t need to own a product or handle the customer service while selling the product, all you need to have is an audience and an email list (sometimes) to be able to sell affiliate products related to your topic and make money.
When you have a look at most popular and highly paid bloggers then affiliate marketing would definitely be one of the most important revenue streams for those bloggers.
For more information regarding affiliate marketing you can read the below guides,
- Pros and cons of affiliate marketing.
- How to do affiliate Marketing without a website?
- How to promote affiliate websites and get traffic?
Sell your own products.
Apart from selling affiliate products you can also consider to sell your own physical or Digital products like any ebook or course or any Merchandise if you want.
By far the biggest revenue stream of bloggers is of selling their own physical and digital products.
As a blogger and content creator you should start selling your own products when you have established an audience base, following, trust with your audience and built authority on the subject on the internet.
The best benefit of selling your own physical and digital product is that you completely own the product and its prices.
The problem with affiliate Marketing is that, if any person purchases the product from your affiliate link then he will not again purchase the product from your recommendation in the future rather he will purchase it from the store itself directly and
you will have to generate new customers every time in affiliate marketing to make commissions but by selling your own digital and physical products you can constantly and continuously monetize a single person by selling your different products and services to him over and over again.
You don’t have to generate new customers every time in order to make money by selling your products.
And when people purchase your products people only purchase things from other people when they have trust in them, so because people have already built trust with you, you can take advantage of that in a positive way and start selling your own services which will also help you increase your revenue which leads me to the 3rd revenue stream.
- Sell your own services.
When you are a professional blogger and earning a decent amount of money from your blog then you can start thinking about creating a team around your blog and turning your blog into a perfect brand,
because your blog audience already have a trust upon you and they know you are the expert/authority on the topic as, they have been purchasing your products so you can think about selling different services to your audience like,
- You can start Consulting your audience and solve their problems for specific hourly rates.
- You can attend different conferences and events as a speaker and host for different charges.
- You can offer relevant freelance services like content writing for example, etc.
It completely depends upon your blogging topic and your audience type, but the benefit of blogging is that when you build an audience on it and build an email list of your audience and
stay connected with them you can easily build trust and establish expertise on the topic, by using that image of yourself as an expert and trustworthy person for your audience you can make money from it in different ways explained above.
Important factors which determine earning potential in blogging?
Before getting into the extra details of learning how much you can make from blogging we will first take a look at some of the most important factors which decide the earning potential for your blog as a matter of fact,
blogging is an online business and every online business or business in general is different from each other.
1. What is the niche and topic for your blog?
The topic and the niche for your blogging journey is definitely the rock foundation for your blogging success because there are a lot of things dependent upon your blogging topic which determine and control how much money you can make from your blogging business.
For example if you have a blog about personal finance and buying insurance then you can make a lot more money by displaying ads, Affiliate or selling your own products compared to a blog where you focus on topics related to camping and outdoor games.
You get the point.
The best Blogging topics are those where the audience can be willing to spend a good amount of money in purchasing a product or service to solve their problem or make money in return, there is a good chance of making a good amount of money from it.
If you are struggling to find a profitable blogging topic then you can read my blogs regarding that,
2. How much quality traffic do you have on your website every month?
Apart from having a strong topic and niche for your blog, your website overall traffic will also play a huge role in how much money you can make from blogging.
But let me tell you something important in blogging that not every time more traffic always leads to more money but there is a strong correlation between higher revenue when you have higher traffic to your website but not all the correlations have causations.
Let’s consider a scenario to understand the situation better.
For Example if you write a blog post today about a topic like,
Bluehost web hosting review and fortunately you have ranked the blog in the top positions of Google like in top 1 and driven over 3000 visitors a month to your blog. Because you have an affiliate blog post ranking on Google, whenever people search for bluehost reviews, they want to learn Bluehost is it good or bad and
pros and cons of using Bluehost hosting company before they buy it. Currently Bluehost Affiliate program pays over 100$ for every referral sale when you consistently get them customers and You are a Bluehost Affiliate so because you ranked for Bluehost review keyword in Google,
let’s consider an average conversion rate of your blog post be around 2% which means out of hundred people who visit and read your blog only two people will convert as a potential customers for bluehost,
If you do the math, You can make around 6000$ on average every single month from a single blog post which gets around 3000 visitors a month like Bluehost review, These numbers are all made up and I have taken them as an example.
This is exactly what I mean by quality traffic to your website and if you focus on getting more of such quality traffic to your website consistently over a period of time, you can expect to earn a good amount of money from your blog.
The other scenario would be, if you target any keyword like, pros and cons of SEO for example. Even if you rank your blog on Google for that keyword, you would not make a lot of money from it apart from displaying ads because the audience is not looking to buy any product or service when they read that blog post.
The keyword has more of an educational search intent over a commercial one.
This is the reason why higher traffic does not always lead to more revenue and income from blogs.
It is the quality of traffic that determines the earning potential of your blog.
And the third most important factor is,
3. What are your monetization strategies for your blog?
The last thing which determines how much earning potential you have on your blog will depend upon how you monetize your blog.
So simple and straightforward.
For example if you just focus on displaying AdSense ads or accepting sponsored content on your website then you may not make good money consistently.
The reason being is,
- Over 42% of internet users use Ad Blockers on their devices so displaying ads is not a viable option to make a good amount of money from your blog consistently and more often than not, displaying ads on blogs creates bad UX.
- Talking about sponsored posts, you can make a good amount of money once but you cannot accept and publish sponsored content on your blog every month and make a good amount of money consistently over a period of time and even Google doesn’t appreciate websites that publish a lot of sponsored posts, Google wants bloggers to publish unique and original content on their sites.
The question is about consistency, there is no use in making $10,000 this month and making a thousand next month, you should strive for making $10000 every single month consistently.
So Instead if you focus on other monetization strategies especially affiliate marketing not Amazon Associates but other affiliate networks like shareasale. which give you a better Commission rate, if you focus on selling your own products and services then you can make a good amount of money from it instead.
These are the 3 most important factors which determine how much money you can make from your blog.
So now comes the most important question.
How much money can you make from blogging?
To be honest it actually depends upon each blogger.
Depending upon, the age of the blog, how old it is, the niche and the traffic of the blog, as a blogger you can expect to earn any where from $1000 to $100,000 a month.
The amount of money you make from your blog is a reflection of how much hard work you put, the monetisation strategies you use, how much genuine you are with your work and with your audience.
To make rough estimations,
A beginner blogger can earn: 1000$ a month on average if you invested like less than 1 year in blogging.
A Pro blogger can earn: 1000$-100000$ a month on average depending upon factors like niche, quality traffic, time, monetization strategy, etc.
These are just rough estimations on how much you can make and as I said earlier there are various variables which come into play like niche, quality traffic, monetization strategy which determine how much you can actually make from your blog and because every business is different so is every blog on the internet.
So, let’s better understand how much you can actually make with blogging on average compared to others.
How much do other bloggers make on average?
According to Ahrefs study, 90.63% of all pages in our index get zero traffic from Google, and 5.29% of them get ten visits per month or less.
And when nobody or very few people are visiting your website from Google then how can you expect of making money.
Which means the majority of the bloggers don’t really make any money from blogging.
The remaining 10% of bloggers make some money and in them.
- Most bloggers make less than 5000$ a month from blogs.
- Very few bloggers and leaders of their niches which are less than 4% on the internet achieve to make over 10000-100000$ a month because they get a good amount of traffic to their websites.
Here is a list of 7 bloggers and how much they make on average so that you can take inspiration from them and start blogging with a clear idea.
- Smartpassiveincome-This blog writes about making money online and it makes $100,000 every month.
- Create and go– this blog writes about blogging and affiliate marketing and it makes $100,000 every month.
- neilPatel- this is a digital marketing blog which makes more than 300000 dollars every month.
- Adamenfroy– this is another digital marketing blog which makes around $100,000 a month.
- Pinch of yum– this is a food and recipe blog which makes around 50000$ a month.
- Survival life- this is a blog which writes about survival and camping which makes around 1million dollars a month.
- Ryan Robinson- this is another blog which writes about blogging and digital marketing concepts and makes around 50000$ a month.
A few things common in all of this amazing blogs is that they have a lot of traffic and publish a lot of quality blog posts constantly on their blog and they are the real subject matter expert and authority on the topic and
they are b2b blogs, all of these blogs make money from 2 ways in most cases, selling affiliate products or selling own physical and digital products, display ads and sponsored posts have small contribution in the revenue.
Considering these examples, You can easily make around 1000 to 3000 dollars a month blogging irrespective of your blogging niche, traffic and monetization strategy, easily if you consistently work on your blog creating and
publishing content over and over again and becoming an expert/brand on the topic in the industry, consistency is what separates failures and successful bloggers.
How much do bloggers make per post?
Another popular question many bloggers and beginners have in mind about how much can make from a single blog post and I have been saying in the blog post in various other sections of making money,
But let’s get a better picture in different situations.
But, before getting into some numbers and details I would like to mention here quickly that not every blog post published on a blog is intended to make money for the blog.
There are specific types of posts that target making money from blogs which we will discuss with some rough numbers.
- For example if you write a review of a Affiliate product like I have taken the example of Bluehost review earlier and if you get traffic of 3000 visitors every month to that post, with a conversion rate of 2% you can easily make around 6000 dollars a month from a single blog post, but not everyone will target that Affiliate product, depending upon what product you target, how much visitors that the blog post gets and the commission rate for the affiliate product your earnings will vary for Affiliate posts.
- If you accept a paid sponsored guest post or content on your blog and if you have a good audience base and traffic and you are an authority and expert on the topic you can easily make around 1000 to 10000$ by publishing a single sponsored content on your blog.
And most importantly if you want to make money from every blog post that you want to publish on your blog then you should run ads on your blog from premium ad networks like AdSense, Ezoic, mediavine, adthrive.
Depending upon your blogging niche, for example if you blog about,
- Digital marketing.
- Making money.
You can easily make around $10 to $200 for every thousand views on your blog if you write blog posts covering topics related to above niches.
Because of this reason your blogging niche is most important.
But hold on, money is not everything in blogging, there is more to it.
Some other benefits of blogging apart from making money:
If you are thinking about starting a blog expecting to make money very soon then you should probably change your mind because you cannot expect to make money within at least 8 months of starting a blog.
Another popular study from Ahrefs shows that, Only 5.7% of all studied pages ranked in the Top10 search results within 1 year for at least 1 keyword. Because blogging is an online business so like every other business,
it takes time and a lot of effort to grow, You can consider blogging as a tree and when you are initially starting a new blog think about it like you are planting a seed on the ground and when you are constantly watering the seed and
if it gets proper nutrition like sunlight and air over a period of time, it will grow and grow big which can later give you fruits, flowers, shadow, oxygen, a partner, etc so is blogging.
You should be constantly spending your time on following factors of your blog like you do on seed to a tree like,
- Finding profitable keywords for your blog aka keyword research.
- Creating quality content for your blog which drives traffic to your website.
- Building quality backlinks to your website to improve your search rankings in Google.
- Working on promoting your blog on social media and driving traffic to your website.
- Working on technical aspects of your blog and engaging with your blog audience over social media and on your blog.
This is a loop, process and you will have to constantly work on your blog for at least more than 8 months on average to be able to see some sort of monetary results.
Yes you read that right, you will have to work upon your blog for at least 8 months consistently creating content and doing all the works mentioned above, to be able to make your first penny in most cases.
If you are thinking blogging is the get rich quick scheme then you should probably not start blogging because you will be highly discouraged and unmotivated during this period of 8 months of working on your blog because like any other online business blogging is also like a business which takes a lot of time to be able to grow and reap the results of your work.
Instead you can think about other benefits of blogging like,
- When you become a successful blogger you can create your own schedule and work upon it.
- You are your own Boss, you don’t have to take orders from anyone.
- There is no limit to how much money you can make.
- You can live a more purposeful and happy life by helping people online with your words, it helps you boost your self esteem and confidence.
- You have complete control over your time and meanwhile you can gain a lot of skills which can help you in future.
- And last but not least, blogging gives you flexibility to be able to work from anywhere in the world, you can travel to different places worldwide and still work on your blog in the journey, all you need to have is a laptop and internet connection to be precise.
If you consider starting a blog thinking about these benefits apart from making money then you can succeed longer and faster in blogging over other people because most of the people think blogging as a get rich quick scheme,
they get disappointed later and quit blogging not realising it’s real benefits other than making money.
Setting the right type of intention before you start any work like blogging is very much important to be able to achieve success in it.
Here are 3 main frequently asked questions regarding making money from your blog on the internet.
1. How do bloggers get paid?
Ans: Bloggers don’t get paid for anything like an employee would get paid monthly rather bloggers will have to earn money themselves like a business, online entrepreneurs through their blogs by selling affiliate products and digital products, displaying ads, you can easily receive payments from many international payment gateways like Paypal and stripe.
2. How many views do you need to make money blogging?
Ans: you can easily start making money if you have at least 10,000 page views on your blog, you can do affiliate Marketing or you can run and display ads on your blog from premium Ad Networks like Ezoic and also accept and publish sponsored content on your blog.
3. How long does it take to start earning money from a blog?
Ans: It can take at least 8 months for a new blog to start earning some money, because it takes a lot of time for a blog to be able to rank on Google and drive traffic consistently and without any good traffic and visitors you cannot really make money from your blog.
With that said lets conclude the blog post.
These are all the things you need to know in order to learn how much you can make money from blogging.
Consider sharing your comments regarding how much you are making from your blog if you have one and how much you want to earn from your blog.
Share the blog post with your family and friends to let them know how much they can actually make money from blogging if they ever think of starting one.
Sharing is caring.
You can read my other blogs related to blogging like,
- How much does it cost to start a blog on WordPress?
- How to start a blog on wordpress explain step by step?
- Blogging mistakes to avoid.
I will catch you next time till then keep learning and keep growing.
Hi, I am Praneeth Kumar [19 years aged guy] founder and owner of this blog, I am a blogger and an online entrepreneur by passion and a college student in the Arts Education branch, You can learn my story from a college student to a blogger on the about me page.