Hi, there I am Praneeth.
In this blog, you will learn everything related to what you should do after keyword research and writing content for your website in 2021.
Without further ado let’s get started.
Here is a 30000-foot view of the blog post.
What is the keyword research process?
Keyword research is a process of searching for keywords or phrases that people search in Google and other search engines So that you can target those keywords by including them in your blog posts and rank on search engines with SEO and drive traffic to your website for free.
For more information about keyword research, read the following guides,
With that said let’s see what are the good keywords and how do I choose keywords.
how do I choose keywords?
There are few signs which make a keyword good, they are:
- The keyword is the long tail.
- The keyboard has commercial or buying intent.
- The keyboard has a high search volume.
- The keyword has low competition.
- The keyword has a long life span and on an evergreen topic.
You choose keywords by doing keyword research using the right tools and techniques.
You will learn how you can find this amazing keyword using keyword research tools and Google,
In the next section, you will learn what exactly you need to do After completing the process of Keyword Research and writing content So that you can rank number one in Google all the time.
I’ll also share with you the process of how you can finalize any keyword for your blogs after the process of Keyword research.
What to do after keyword research?
Here is a quick overview of the seven steps you need to take after completing the keyword research process.
- Check the keyword in Google trends.
- Search your keyword in Google.
- Decide the length and format of the blog you will write targeting the keyword.
- Find LSI keywords of the target keyword.
- Start the process of research for the content.
- Create content mainly for users and then Google.
- Get the right people on the blog post.
Let’s learn all these steps that you need to take after Completing the process of Keyword research in detail.
Check the keyword in Google trends.
Most people do keyword research using keyword tools such as Ahrefs and SEMrush.
When you do keyword research using these tools,
You will have an idea of the keyword search volume that is present in these tools, but the problem with it is, You don’t have an idea of the trend of the keyword.
Google trends will help you in finding the keyword trend.
You can use Google trends to see the trend of that topic that you want to target in your blog.
Google trends will give access to data of the keyword with different filters,
- You can filter the trend of the keyword from different countries.
- You can filter keyword trends from the past 7 days too since 2004.
- You can find the keyword searches from all places like the web, image, YouTube, news, Google shopping, etc.
- You can filter the keyword-based on its category.
- You can also compare different keywords to find the best keyword with good trends.
It is an amazing tool that gives you an idea of what would be the search volume of the keyword and the future of that keyword.
You can use the tool to eliminate keywords that have bad keyword trend by applying a filter of the keyword trend for the past 1 year or since 2004 and get an idea of what are the topmost keyword searches that are trending at the moment in that topic right below the trend data of the keyword in the tool.
Using this tool, you can make sure whatever keywords you target in your blog posts will continue driving traffic to your website after a couple of years from now you publish that blog.
Search your keyword in Google search.
Another most important thing you should do,
After completing the keyword research process is to search that particular keyword in Google.
You might be wondering why you should search the keyword in Google.
There are 3 main reasons why you should search the keyword in Google.
- Know the search intent of the keyword.
- Look at the real competition of the keyword.
- Decide the content quality, format, and length.
Let’s learn these 3 things in detail.
Know the search intent of the keyword
The most important ranking factor in Google is,
It is Knowing what the searcher or user is looking for when he searches that keyword or phrase in Google.
If you don’t match the search intent of the keyword, It does not matter how good your content is, How old your blog gets, How many backlinks you acquire, you won’t rank high in Google.
When you search the keyword in Google.
Just analyze the top results that rank on Google SERP.
Look whether the results are,
- Informational articles.
- E-commerce stores.
- Product comparisons and reviews.
Another thing you should consider in mind is,
If you are the searcher of that keyword and searched that keyword in Google, what is it that you are looking for in Google?
If you see lots of informational articles Ranking high on Google for that particular term, you know the intent behind the search is to find information about that keyword.
Here is the image explaining the search intent in detail.
If you see lots of e-commerce stores Ranking high on Google, you know there is an intention of buying any product.
If you see lots of product comparisons and reviews then you know the intent behind the keyword is to find and know more about some product that is good for users.
Look at the real competition of the keyword.
The problem with most keyword tools Is that, when It comes to the keyword difficulty factor,
Most keyword tools Decide the keyword difficulty based on a single factor which is backlinks.
Most keyword tools ignore other important ranking factors like,
- Content quality.
- Content age.
- Search intent.
- Backlinks quality.
- Authority of the website.
Hence, After you complete the process of Keyword research,
This is the most important step you got to take to finalize any keyword in the keyword research process.
Search the keyword in Google and see what ranks at the top.
To understand the real competition of the keyword, use the following factors,
- Check if there are any forum results or results that are not on point to what you searched are ranking high on Google, forums are a sign of low competition if ranked high on Google and if results that are ranking in Google are not relevant to what you searched(mostly for Informational intent keywords) it is a low competition keyword.
- Check the content quality and Length of the pages that rank high on google, if there are bad content quality and small word count in pages, more often than not it is a low competition keyword.
- Check the age of the content because content age and freshness is the ranking factor.
- Check the quality and relevance of the backlinks of the top-ranking pages.
- Check what else ranks on Google like answer boxes, featured snippets, people also ask, QnA box, If the Google SERP is full of these features then it is a high competition keyword and mostly will reduce the CTR of clicks for the pages ranking in Google.
Another thing you should keep in mind while checking the competition of the keyword in Google search, see if there are any GOOGLE ADS are ranking in Google SERP for that keyword,
If there is any ranking on top of results in Google SERP, then the keyword has some commercial intent or buying intent which can help you get some conversions and money so it is a valuable and profitable keyword to go after.
Searching the keyword in Google is the most important thing you can do after completing the keyword research process in order to check the real and actual competition of the keywords.
Using the following factors that I mentioned earlier you can finalize any keyword you want to target in your blog.
Decide the length & format of the blog you will write targeting the keyword.
When you search the keyword in Google, You will have an idea of the search intent of the keyword,
But you also have the idea of the content that is ranking high on Google.
Through this, you can decide what is going to be the ideal content length and format of your blog post.
If all definitive guides are ranking in Google, you should create a guide for that keyword, if there are all reviews or list posts ranking, you should do the same.
When it comes to content length, Take the average word count of the top-ranking pages and Make your blog post higher than the average word count,
Focus more on the depth of the topic and creating more helpful resources rather than Stumbling upon word count.
Find LSI keywords of the target keyword.
LSI keywords are keywords that are related to your main keyword.
These keywords help you to create more helpful resources on your blogs around a topic by covering most aspects of the topic in a blog.
They help your blog in both ways,
- Better content for users.
- Higher rankings on Google.
You can find some amazing LSI keywords on your main keyboard using the following tools And ways.
- Use Google auto suggestions which are a great list of LSI keywords.
- Use searches related to features in Google SERP below all the ranking pages.
- Use the google search engine for keyword research and find many more awesome LSI keywords for your target keyword.
- Use Answer the public Keyword tool to find amazing LSI keywords.
- Use the LSI keyword graph tool to find LSI keywords around your main keyword.
- Use the Ubersuggest keyword tool to find amazing LSI keywords for your blog.
Now that you have gathered a good list of LSI keywords for your blog post.
It is time to create content around those keywords in your blog post.
Start the process of research for the content.
Now that you have a good list of all the LSI keywords and main keywords that you want to target in your blog post.
It’s time to start the process of research for the content,
Here are a few tips for researching blogs.
- If the blogpost or keywords are related to anything about money and health, learn about the subject from the expert if the subject or get his quote.
- Find stats around that topic which you can use to make statements and come to a conclusion.
- Instead of research in Google, research for content in Google scholar.
- Use forums like Reddit and Quora for more ideas and know what people are looking for.
- Read the content of the top-ranking pages of that keyword in Google and create more helpful resources covering things that those blogs missed.
Now that you have been researching the content,
It’s time to create the content now around that keyword in your blog.
Create content mainly for users and then Google.
Here comes the most important thing,
You should create content focusing on users first.
Check the following things,
- Don’t create Spammy content with keywords stuffing as it is a bad experience for users and can get your site penalized by google.
- Format your blog post Into short paragraphs and regularly use subheadings like H2 and H3 with keywords in them.
- Use Hemingway editor and Grammarly extension to edit the blog post.
- Use stats, facts, stories, quotes, and examples regularly in your blog post to keep users engaged with the blog.
- Use bullet points and numbered lists frequently to make your blog post appealing to read and easy to digest.
- Use LSI keywords in your blog posts and subheadings so that it is optimized for passage indexing in Google.
- Optimize your blog post so that it can rank in the featured snippets.
- Interlink between your blog posts With using natural anchor text.
- Insert the keywords in the Alt text of the images.
- Make your content actionable and include a call to action at the end of the blog post.
- Do on-page SEO of your blogpost properly like Using keywords in Title, URL, meta description, starting of the content, etc.
Focus on the User experience of the blog, and you will rank high on Google.
Now after making all the process of editing proofreading, fact-checking your blogs, it is time to publish the blog post.
Get the right people on the blog post.
Now that you have published your blog post on your website and people can access the post on the internet.
It is time to do some marketing of your blog post and drive some traffic for your blog initially to speed up Google rankings.
Use the following methods,
- Bookmark your site on Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit, and other social bookmarking sites.
- Answer people’s questions on the relevant forums and link back to your article as a resource.
- Build backlinks with email outreach for that post.
- Send email notifications to your blog subscribers to let them know your new post is published.
- Use web notifications like push engage and web engage to send web notifications of your blog post to your subscribers.
- Share the blog post on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Consider pinning pins on Pinterest of your blogs.
- Make videos on YouTube channel and link back to your blog as the complete resource.
- Republish posts on LinkedIn, medium, Tumblr, Google sites, Facebook, etc.
- Ask other bloggers to share the post on their social media handles.
Focus on getting some traffic initially to your website or that blog post you just published, so google’s algorithms can notice that, crawl, index, and rank your blog post higher and faster for that term in Google search.
Repeat this process and you will guarantee to get the rankings in google and other search engines all the time for sure because it is a time tested method that works like magic.
How do I become a successful content writer?
There are a few steps that you need to take To be a successful content writer which are:
- Research a lot about the topic.
- Explain the topic to a 5 years old student.
- Write blogs in a conversational tone.
- Include lots of images, videos in your posts.
- Always include a CTA at the end of the blog post.
If you want to be a successful content writer as a freelancer you can follow the guide here.
With that said let’s end the blog.
There you go I have explained everything related to What to do after keyword Research and writing content.
Do comment down what you think about the blog post, Keyword Research, and content writing.
Share the blog post with your family and friends if you have found the blog helpful,
Sharing is caring.
Read my other blogs.
- Pros and cons of Keyword research.
- Pros and cons of building backlinks.
- How to start a blog and make money?
I will catch you next time till then.
Keep learning and keep growing.
Hi, I am Praneeth Kumar [19 years aged guy] founder and owner of this blog, I am a blogger and an online entrepreneur by passion and a college student in the Arts Education branch, You can learn my story from a college student to a blogger on the about me page.