Hi, I’m Praneeth Kumar.
In this blog post, you will learn everything related to whether is Wix good for blogging and Affiliate marketing or not.
I will consider all the pros and cons of using Wix for Blogging and Affiliate marketing purposes.
So without further ado let’s get started.
Here is a 30000-foot view of the blog post.
Wix features for Blogging and Affiliate marketing;
Let’s take a look at both free and paid features of using Wix for Blogging and Affiliate marketing.
Let’s first see the free plan features.
Take a look at the top 7 free features of the free plan of Wix.
- Hundreds of fully customizable templates made by design experts
- Free and secure web hosting to build your online presence
- Built-in professional solutions to promote your business, like email marketing, powerful SEO tools, client management, and more
- A mobile-optimized version of your site, so your site looks amazing to your visitors on any device
- Hundreds of free app integrations for your website and business in the Wix App Market
- 500MB storage and 1GB bandwidth
- Free Wix domain in the form of username.wixsite.com/siteaddress
These are all the free plan features you have with Wix.
Here is a list of the top 7 paid features of using Wix, the features are only in different website plans excluding business and e-commerce plans.
- Free custom domain for a year.
- Free SSL certificate.
- 24/7 customer support service.
- Professional logo maker.
- Advanced visitor analytics app.
- Storage space up to 35GB.
- Lots of features for Marketing and monetization of your blog.
These are all the top paid features plan of using Wix for your blog and affiliate marketing journey, now let’s have a look at the pricing of the Wix.
There are 2 different categories for Wix.
- Website plans.
- Business and eCommerce plans.
Because we are talking about blogging and affiliate marketing for Wix, we will only consider the pricing of website plans as we only have to deal with website creation currently.
In website plans, there are 4 different varieties of stages,
- The basic plan which starts from 80rs/month it is where you can only connect a custom domain with your website.
- Combo plan which starts from 125 INR/month it is where you can get some features like free custom domain and Wix ads are removed from your website.
- Unlimited plan which starts from 185 INR/month it is where you can get some advanced features like a visitors analytics app, unlimited bandwidth, and 10GB storage space.
- VIP plan which starts from 325 INR/month it is where you can get unlimited storage, all the remaining plans of Wix features, and amazing Wix additional features like logo maker, higher customer support care, etc.
All of the Wix website plans are billed yearly there are no monthly plans, you will have to buy the subscription for yearly plans.
You can check the business and eCommerce plans features and their pricing in detail here.
As far as my opinion is concerned, Wix unlimited plan is great for blogging and affiliate marketing purposes because you have some amazing features with Wix for such websites.
Don’t use Wix for free:
If you want to start on Wix for Blogging and Affiliate marketing purposes but can’t invest money, I don’t want you to choose Wix free plan because,
- Wix company shows ads and Wix branding on your free website.
- You will have a subdomain like this, username.wixsite.com/siteaddress, this reduces the credibility of your blog online.
- You have limited storage, bandwidth, and features.
- You don’t have access to Google Analytics.
- You can’t really make money from your free Wix blog neither from ads nor Affiliate marketing.
You can test out Wix free plan to see if it’s right for you, if you are serious about blogging and affiliate marketing and want to go with Wix,
I want you to upgrade to premium plans [the wix unlimited plan is the best option as we discussed in Wix pricing section].
All of the benefits and drawbacks of Wix which I am about to share with you are from mostly premium plans of Wix.
Benefits and drawbacks of choosing Wix for Blogging and Affiliate marketing;
Let’s have a look at the benefits and drawbacks of considering the Wix platform for your blogging and affiliate marketing journey.
Benefits of Wix for Blogging and Affiliate marketing.
Let’s take a look at some amazing benefits of using Wix for your blogging and Affiliate marketing journey.
- Simple and easy to use platform-you don’t need any learning curve required as a blogger to get used to the dashboard.
- Great uptime and speed– your website loading speed and uptime is going to be top-notch because Wix is going to host and take care of all the website speed and uptime itself.
- Easy customization-Wix is known for its ease of use with its large collection of templates and drag and drop feature, it becomes very easy to customize Wix websites.
- Good Blogging features– there are lots of Amazing features for Blogging like easily create, edit, post and schedule blogs, add different categories & hashtag to your blog, add a search bar in your blog to find blogs, easily share your blogs on social media platforms, communicate with your audience through comments, add lots of contributors to your blog who can write regularly, easily translate your blog content into other languages, you can manage all of your work from mobile app, etc.
- SEO features– SEO is huge for Blogging Wix gives lots of SEO features like proper headings from h1 to h6, URL customization, 301 redirects, sitemaps, Canonical Tags, SEO tools like Google Analytics and search console, SSL certificates, image alt tags, etc, overall Wix offers lots of basic and a few advanced SEO features.
- Wix app market– these are plugins for Wix websites where you can a lot of features like advanced visitor analytics & heat map tools, add live chat tools like tidio, a forum, etc from over 250 different apps.
- Security and backups– Wix offers free SSL certificates which are important for website security and offers automatic backup whenever you save and publish anything on your website, and offers few other security features like DDoS protection, two-step authentication, 24/7 constant monitoring, a dedicated team of security experts always active.
- Email marketing– email marketing is huge for Blogging and Affiliate marketing and you can capture leads and grow email lists through software from the Wix app market tools like mail munch, poptin.
- Great customer support– Wix offers great customer service through ticket systems, detailed documentation, guides, and helpful tutorials, and through phone call support.
- Monetization ability-with Wix you can make money from placing ads, do Affiliate marketing, create a membership website, an e-commerce store, receive donations, etc which are great features for Blogging.
These are all the benefits of using Wix for your Blogging and Affiliate marketing website.
Drawbacks of Wix for Blogging and Affiliate marketing.
Now let’s have a look at some disadvantages and drawbacks of Wix for Blogging and Affiliate marketing.
- Hard to migrate websites– because Wix is a proprietary CMS it is quite hard and takes a lot of money and time to transfer websites from Wix to other platforms like square space and WordPress.
- Pricing is expensive-the premium plans are very expensive starting from 14$/month.
- Single site for all premium plans– you can only use one website for all the premium plans with 1 account, not unlimited websites.
- Can’t change templates– you cannot change the theme and template of your website after it is published and gone live on the internet.
- You don’t own your websites-Wix is not open source like WordPress, it is owned by a private company, if you don’t follow the t&c of the company, they can remove your website.
These are all the drawbacks and disadvantages of using Wix for your Blogging and Affiliate marketing website.
Is Wix good for blogging and Affiliate marketing;
Considering the benefits and drawbacks of using Wix for blogging and affiliate marketing website,
Wix is a good platform because it offers good Blogging and SEO features, it is fast and secure, it gives better Marketing tools like email marketing for increasing Affiliate sales, it has better customization and support options compared to others.
Wix is definitely a good blogging and Affiliate marketing platform for small and basic blogs only if you use the premium version not for free.
Alternative to Wix for Blogging and Affiliate marketing;
If you only want to start blogging and affiliate marketing and are looking whether Wix is a good idea and a better alternative to Wix, then let me remind you that WordPress.org is a better alternative to Wix for building websites specifically for blogging and affiliate marketing purposes.
Here are the quick benefits of choosing wordpress.org.
- It is cheaper to start using, You can get started with 2.95$/ month hosting with Bluehost which offers a free domain, read Bluehost review.
- WordPress.org is an open-source content management system.
- More than 40% of the websites on the internet are hosted and managed by wordpress.org.
- There are thousands of plugins and themes you can use with WordPress for free.
- WordPress is by far the best blogging platform because of its simplicity, features, SEO friendliness, and customization and monetization option.
Unlike Wix, I would highly recommend you to start a blog on WordPress because it gives you complete access and control over your website.
There you go these are all the things you need to know about Wix whether it is good for blogging and affiliate marketing websites or not.
DO comment down whether you are starting a blog and affiliate marketing website on Wix or not in the comments section below.
Please share the post with others to let them know about the Wix platform.
Sharing is caring.
I will catch you next time,
Till then keep learning and keep growing.