Hi I’m Praneeth Kumar.
In This blog post I will walk you through a step-by-step on how to write a blog about yourself that will engage readers to read till the end and build a good relationship with the audience and the blog author.
So if you are looking to learn how you can write a great about me page or narrate your story to your readers and build a good connection and relationship with them from your blog.
You have visited the right page. So without further ado let’s get started.
Here is a 30000 foot view of the blog post.
How do you write a blog about yourself?
There are 6 key steps you need to follow in order to learn how you can write a blog about yourself that will engage readers till the end.
So let’s dive right in.
1. Introduce yourself.
Let’s first start with the introduction part, normally as a blogger you write blog posts that have information or
solve a particular problem the people might have and you get traffic to the blog when people search for the problem on Google and other search engines and also on social media.
But, it is not the exact case when you write a blog about yourself.
Bloggers generally write a blog about themselves in 2 special cases,
- When they are working on their about me page.
- When they are creating a personal and a lifestyle kind of a blog.
In both cases, you should ideally start a blog post introducing yourself when people don’t know about you or your website yet.
By introducing yourself and revealing some important information about you like,
- Your name.
- Your age.
- Your hobbies.
- Your skills, likes and dislikes.
- Your Goals.
- Your education.
- Your marital status.
This helps readers know you more a bit and helps with a good foundation for further details in the blog.
Now that you have introduced yourself with the readers, it’s time to get the conversation moving forward and
Get them to deep dive into your story and help you establish common ground and a good connection with your readers on your blog.
2. Tell your story.
Now this is the exact moment of time where you have to start narrating your story in terms of how you have got till here, what are the problems you have faced and everything in between which helped you to start your blog.
Don’t write your autobiography in the name of telling your story to readers.
you can take absolute freedom but make sure that you tell a good story for audience who can easily relate with you and build a common ground with you at any point of time in your story because that is
how the people can start building a good relationship with you and have trust over you as a person whom they have never met in their life apart from reading your blog online.
At the end of the story you need to make sure that the readers can take away an important lesson from your story that can help improve the life of your audience for the better.
You should only tell your story as long as it helps your audience and adds value to their life, even though you are writing a blog post about yourself, if it does not help your audience, they wouldn’t care much about your blog post.
You need to highlight the key thing,
What’s in it for me?
For your audience.
Even if you have a Lifestyle blog or a personal blog where you share your experiences and stories with people online from your blog,
you should make sure that you have a key take away, lesson or a message at the end of the story that the audience can take away from your blog that
they can implement in their life to create a change for the better if not nobody will bother about your blog any more if it is all about you.
If you want to attract readers to your blog you should think of how you can add value to others from your story rather than how you can share your experiences that don’t benefit others.
You can learn more about the scientific details and why storytelling is a great tool to build trust and relationship with your audience in detail here.
3. Show your personality a bit.
Now while you are narrating your life story from your childhood to how you have obstacles and overcame them that is easily relatable to the audience who is reading your blog
you can make your blog more personal by adding a couple of photos of yourself which can help users understand your story better.
If you can, you should also consider embedding a YouTube video which is recorded by you so that readers can actually see and know you better in person through your videos rather than just plain text.
4. Define your blog goals and purpose.
Now after you have written your story and build a common ground with your audience you need to now explain the reason
why you have created your blog and you need to address some important questions that readers probably have in the mind such as
- What is the problem that you are trying to solve with your blog?
- What are the goals and purpose of your blog ahead?
- Why did you get started with blogging on this particular industry over others?
- What type of people and audience would you like to help with your blog like entrepreneurs or students or mother’s and parents etc?
- What is the Industry/niche that you will target with your blog?
You should highlight clearly and mention how you can help your audience and people around you grow from your blog and what type of content and posts that the people can expect from your website in future.
You can also reveal the tagline and the motto aka mission statement of your blog that reflects the goal and purpose of your blog.
Now after you have narrated the story with the readers that can easily connect with you and be a part of you with your blog,
you will have to convince them why they should be listening to you over others in the industry by displaying your expertise and authority on the topic which leads me to the next step.
5. Display your expertise on the subject.
This is an important step for your blog especially if you are writing an about me page.
In this step you need to Let The Reader know and establish some credibility of you being a trustworthy source of information on the topic.
You can do this by various methods like
- You can show your topical expertise if you have an educational certification like a degree on the topic.
- You can show that you have attended conferences and events and spoken there as a guest or as an expert.
- You can also show that you have a lot of interest and passion over the subject and a good experience on it.
- You can use social proof by showing that your work has been published on other popular and established sites in that industry.
- You can include testimonials of people whom you have worked with, showing their experience with your work.
- You can show your reviews, ratings and comments of your work from users to build credibility with users.
You need to display your authority, and expertise on the subject, if not it doesn’t build that credibility of you as a trusted source of information for readers.
You should be giving a strong reason as to why users should be visiting and reading your blog posts over others in the industry so that they can stay connected with your blog for a long time.
I am not just sharing my opinion on this; rather it is proven from many expert studies that expert advice on any subject can largely influence the human mind on decision making ability.
So in order for your blog to be perceived of as a reliable source of information on the Internet where
there is a lot of fake information already available you need to display your credibility as the author and trusted source of information for readers and also for Google with its EAT update if you want to consistently get traffic to your blog.
6. Include CTA.
Now when you are about to conclude the blog post that you have started to write about yourself, you need to always include a call to action at the end.
A call to action is basically action that you want users to take after they read your blog till the end.
You can let people know a couple of things about you and your website like
- How can they contact you?
- Are you open to publishing any guest posts?
- Can they comment and interact with your blog?
- How can they subscribe to your blog?
If you already have a bunch of articles published on your blog then you can add some internal links to important pages that
you want your readers to focus on and read after they read your about me page for your blog so that
they can get some informative knowledge in that industry or even learn more about yourself in other blogs.
A call to action is important because it will give a direction for your readers on what to do next after reading your blog post.
Note: Use copywriting techniques throughout the post.
Even though if you are interested in writing a blog about yourself most of the time people who read articles about author’s life do not find it much engaging and interesting to read so,
You should follow a couple of most popular copywriting techniques to make your blog more engaging and useful for readers to read like,
- Instead of using long paragraphs and sentences you should switch to short ones which are easy to read.
- You should regularly add images and videos about you because an image can explain a Thousand Words and make blogs more engaging.
- You should have a conversation tone of voice when others read your blog, look writing a blog is basically having a conversation with people online where they read your blogs to look and understand your opinions and get some knowledge, so you should write in easy words, don’t use big words and jargon, use plain simple words.
- Write your post like you talk with your friend, use words like you and yours over they and theirs, you should write a blog post like you are having a conversation with a single friend online rather than a community.
- You need to come up with an amazing and attractive title for your blog so that people can click to it and read. Titles are the first thing people will see in your blog before reading your Content so you should nail your titles, use this tool for titles.
These are all the tips and strategies I have for you to learn how to write a blog post about yourself.
If you want to learn more information and gain knowledge about blogging and online business you can refer to my guides below,
- How to write a blog post?
- Blogging mistakes to avoid.
- Do personal blogs make money?
- How to start a lifestyle blog and make money?
- Best blogging platforms to make money.
With that, let’s conclude the blog post.
These are all the things you need to know in order to write a killer about me page on your blog or let users know more about you as a person through your blog about yourself.
Do let me know your comments and views about how you approach writing a blog about yourself.
Share the blog post if you have found it helpful. Sharing is caring.
I will catch you next time till then keep learning and keep growing
Hi, I am Praneeth Kumar [19 years aged guy] founder and owner of this blog, I am a blogger and an online entrepreneur by passion and a college student in the Arts Education branch, You can learn my story from a college student to a blogger on the about me page.