Hi I am Praneeth Kumar.
In this blog, we will learn whether do you need a blog to do affiliate marketing or not and
Also whether you need a business license for affiliate marketing and see compare why blogs are best for affiliate marketing over social media platforms.
So without further ado let’s get started.
Here is a 30000-foot view of the blog.
Do you need a business license to be an affiliate marketer?
As long as you are just selling affiliate products through affiliate links online on your website,
You don’t need any business license to be an affiliate marketer like that as the affiliate program which you joined will take care of it for you.
But in case if you are involved in a business model where,
You are buying products wholesale and reselling those products to other people either both online or offline, it means you are doing a business which means you need a business license.
You don’t need a business license as long as you are doing affiliate marketing, dropshipping, blogging, and freelancing because you are not buying any product before selling it to people directly or indirectly.
In some cases, like if you are selling reseller hosting business online,
You might need to have a business license because you are firstly buying web hosting packages from companies and selling them to small businesses even though it is happening online.
Do you need a blog to do affiliate marketing?
No, you do not need a blog to be an affiliate marketer.
There are several affiliate programs that you can join without a blog some of them include Clickbank and Amazon.
You can easily start affiliate marketing and earn money through various platforms online without ever having a need to start a blog.
You can learn my ultimate guide on how to do affiliate marketing without website, or followers, or any investment.
Now that you know you don’t need a blog to do affiliate marketing, You should know, why blogs are best for doing affiliate marketing compared to social media platforms.
At the end of this blog post, you will exactly know why blogs are best for doing affiliate marketing over other platforms.
Here are few reasons why affiliate marketing on a blog is the best.
Affiliate marketing with blogging.
You can get started with affiliate marketing without a blog,
Lets see the 5 main pros, benefits of using blogs to do affiliate marketing then see the cons of blogging for affiliate marketing in detail.
Why start a blog for affiliate marketing?
There are 5 main reasons why blogs are best for affiliate marketing, the reasons are:
- Blogs target specific audiences as you can write blog posts on different keywords and drive traffic from search engines and make money.
- People can view you as the authority and expert on the subject by blogging on a specific topic which can result in more sales of your affiliate products because we humans take advice and follow it from experts.
- Blogs are passive, You write a blog post today on any keyword that is on an evergreen topic like a product review, and even after 3 years of that blog post, it will still get traffic and get you affiliate sales because people will be searching for it in google.
- Blogs are easy to create, and they can give you better connection and trust with your audience, unlike any other platform.
- You own the platform or website in blogging unlike social media or any other platform in general.
Despite so many good pros, Like in everything in life, there are good and bad, at the same time in affiliate marketing for blogging has some disadvantages let’s have a look at them.
Why not do blogging for affiliate marketing?
There are a couple of cons of blogging for affiliate marketing as well like,
- Blogging takes a lot of time, effort, and patience to see results due to SEO.
- Blogging takes time to create content and research.
- If you start your blog on WordPress which is the best CMS for Blogging, you might have to deal with lots of technical issues.
- You might have to invest money in things like domain and hosting, click here to learn more.
- The chance of failing in Blogging is high due to competition and lack of patience and persistence.
At the end of the day,
Blogs are best for affiliate marketing because the major source of blogs is SEO and SEO traffic has over 14% of conversion rate, more than other platforms which are why blogging is always considered the best for making money through affiliate marketing.
For more information about Blogging, follow the below guides,
- How to start a blog step by step explained?
- How blogging works and how often should you publish a blog?
- Blogging mistakes to avoid.
Now let’s see how affiliate marketing is possible without a website.
Affiliate marketing on social media.
Yes, you can do affiliate marketing on social media platforms like
Click here to learn how to do affiliate marketing without a website.
Although you can do affiliate marketing on social media, take a look at the pros and cons of social media platforms.
Why should you do affiliate marketing on social media?
Here are the pros and benefits of doing affiliate marketing on social media platforms.
- Unlike blogging, when you do affiliate marketing on social media platforms you can see instant results for your content like likes, comments, views, and shares, it takes less time.
- By creating content on social media platforms you have direct interaction with people, unlike Blogging where people only find you through search engines.
- By doing affiliate marketing on social media you can target a large amount of audience, unlike blogs which have smaller ones.
Now let’s have a look at the cons of social media for affiliate marketing.
Why should you not do affiliate marketing on social media?
Here are the cons and drawbacks of doing affiliate marketing on social media platforms.
- You need to constantly publish content on social media, and it is a very active process. Facebook posts You publish today will not be relevant after a week and month because nobody searches the posts on social media except youtube and Pinterest which are also search engines apart from social media sites.
- You don’t own the content You publish on social media platforms, if you don’t follow the rules of the social media platform, your profile like Facebook account or Instagram or YouTube account will be terminated and all your work is wasted, there have been many cases in the past.
- People use social media to get entertainment not educated so it is hard to sell Affiliate products by educating them.
- The conversion rate on social media is less compared to SEO and Blogging.
Well, these are the pros and cons of doing affiliate marketing on social media other than blogging.
Because of all these reasons mentioned above, even though you can start affiliate marketing on social media.
You should choose to blog because blogging is more secure and highly profitable for affiliate marketing compared to social media even though it may cost you a little money to start a blog.
You can learn here how to start a blog.
There you go these are all the things you need to know to start Affiliate Marketing.
Do comment down whether you are starting a blog or not for Affiliate Marketing.
Share the blog post with your family and friends to let them know why blogs are important for Affiliate marketing.
Sharing is caring.
Read my other blogs,
- Social media versus Blogging which is best and why?
- How to do affiliate marketing without a website?
- How to start a blog on WordPress?
I will catch you next time till then,
Keep learning and keep growing