Hi, I’m Praneeth Kumar.
In this blog, you will learn everything related to are SEO agencies profitable or not and how to make money with SEO agencies.
Without further ado let’s get started.
Here is a 30000-foot view of the blog post.
What are SEO agencies & businesses, what do they do?
SEO agency and businesses are in the name itself refers to an agency or a business idea that specializes in providing SEO related services to its clients
You might wonder what could be the SEO services people need?
Some important SEO services these agencies offer includes,
- Increasing overall visibility of websites on search engines.
- Finding keywords and topics that you can target to rank high on search engines and researching the niche and its competition.
- Creating content for the clients or improving the existing content.
- Promotion of your blog or website on social media.
- Constant monitoring and easy reporting of your website performance in search engines.
- Improving website SEO performance before or after getting a penalty from google like if a website has got a big penalty from google which is tough to recover.
- Improving the local SEO of your business by implementing the best SEO practices.
- Managing websites and constantly doing audits, improving all aspects like on-page, off-page, and technical SEO.
- Building backlinks for your website.
- Improve your conversion rate in business through better landing pages and building sales funnels.
In short, it is a service provider which can take care of all the aspects of SEO,
It is the perfect option for that of you are not really either interested in managing all that stuff related to SEO mentioned earlier or too busy in your work but want your website or business to grow online,
SEO agencies are the perfect solutions for such people.
Now that you know the answer to the question of what are SEO agencies and business and what do they do?
Here comes the important question,
Are SEO agencies & SEO businesses profitable?
To answer the question in short,
SEO agencies and businesses are very, very profitable business ideas today and will continue to be profitable in the future as well.
Don’t believe me,
Have a look at the stats about SEO so that I will convince you,
- SEO drives 1000% more traffic than organic social media.
- 50% of visitors are more likely to click a result if the brand appears multiple times in search engine results.
- 93% of online experience begins with a search engine.
- 57% of B2B marketers stated SEO generates more leads than any other marketing initiative.
- 81% of people perform some type of online research before making a large purchase.
- 61% of internet users do research of a product online before making a purchase.
- SEO leads have a 14.6% of the close rate.
- 4 out of 5 consumers use search engines to find local information.
When SEO is in high demand how come SEO agencies not going to be profitable?
Look, It is a simple understanding of how society works,
Where there is a demand for something by people, there will be supplied and profit present.
Here, in this case, people search crazy stuff like crazy on search engines like Google and YouTube and the traffic you get from search engines is of high quality compared to social media so big brands are mad at SEO so there is definitely high demand present.
To be extra specific in numbers to explain the demand factor.
- Google processes over 3.5 billion searches every day.
- More than a billion people use Google search engines on the internet.
- YouTube has 2 billion people using the platform worldwide.
- YouTube viewers watch over a billion hours of video on the platform every day and generate billions of views.
- 79 percent of Internet users have their own YouTube account.
Okay enough bragging on the stats and figures, let’s come to the point.
By being a supplier to the demand,
There is definitely profit to be made.
This is how every business in the world works, find a need or problem and see if people have that problem too, solve the problem and be the supplier of the solution to the problem to the people and make money.
In this example, You (SEO agencies) are suppliers and solutions (because you know how to rank websites on search engines and drive organic traffic) offering services to small businesses and big brands,
By solving their problem of driving traffic to their websites from SEO.
Now that you know that SEO agencies and SEO companies are actually really very profitable business models.
Let’s have a brief idea of how much money exactly SEO agencies make every month.
How much do SEO agencies make?
Here is a helpful data wise explanation of how much SEO agencies actually make.
As per Ahrefs study,
- For monthly retainers, $501-$1,000 per month is the most popular pricing tier.
- For hourly pricing, $100-$150 per hour is the most popular pricing tier.
- For per-project pricing, $501-$1,000 is the most popular pricing tier.
- 88.28% of SEOs charge $150/hour or less for their services.
Here is the image of how much SEO Agencies make?
According to Search engine journal,
- The average SEO professional earned $81,103 in 2018, which is up from 2017.
- Agencies and freelancers are paid an average of $1,779 per client each month, up to $109 in a year.
- Freelance and agency SEOs bill their clients an average of $119 per hour.
- The median minimum monthly retainer for local marketing services is $500-699.
Overall, you can make money in SEO agencies and services either through hourly rates, monthly plans, or based on completing the projects.
You can expect to earn a couple of thousands of dollars every month selling SEO services to small businesses and eventually to big brands by building good positive reviews and reputation online of your agency.
Despite the exact figures mentioned earlier, the amount of money charged by different SEO agencies and businesses vary depending on various factors including,
- What service do you want as the customer of the agency or your customers want?
- How much time and effort will it take to get your (customer) task completed (time is money)?
- What is the level of experience, reputation, and credibility of the agency in the people (reviews and ratings) which you hired to get your job done?
- How effective and satisfactory are the results for the end customer?
- How user-friendly and flexible the services are?
Overall, these are factors that influence your earnings in running an SEO agency.
How to make money with SEO agencies & SEO businesses?
Here are the 5 best ways SEO agencies and businesses make money, let’s have a quick overview of them.
- Building backlinks and doing competition research.
- Recovering a penalized website in google.
- Improving website performance and visibility in SEO.
- Finding keywords and Creating content for the website.
- Managing technical and other aspects of the website.
Let’s see what they are.
Finding keywords and Creating content for the website.
One of the major reasons major companies and small businesses hire SEO Agencies and SEO experts because,
They know what works in SEO.
(Experience with proper knowledge matters A Lot in SEO),
Many SEO Agencies offer services like content creation in their packages and big companies happily take their services knowing the fact very well how blogging and SEO can help their business a lot.
As a matter of fact,
- 72% of online marketers describe content creation as their most effective SEO tactic.
- Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13x more likely to have a positive ROI on their efforts.
- 57% of marketers say they’ve gained customers specifically through blogging.
- B2B marketers who have blogs get 67% more leads than those who don’t.
Because blogging directly affects business performance and SEO.
Businesses very well understand this, so many big businesses are looking for content creation services, as the fact is that,
- 60% of B2B marketers struggle with creating engaging content.
If you start an SEO agency or SEO company
Finding keywords and content creation should definitely be a service that you offer in your package for your clients as it can do wonders for your business.
With quality writing and content creation, you can earn up to 500 dollars with an average of a single 2500 words article selling it to small businesses and big brands based in European countries and America.
For more information regarding how you can do keyword research and write content read my below resources,
- Important things you need to be done after finding keywords.
- Are SEO tools worth it?
- How to start a blog and 20 amazing content writing hacks for bloggers and freelancers.
- How to do keyword research on Google without using a keyword planner?
By the way, my blog is all about helping other bloggers, content creators, SEOs, and online entrepreneurs,
You can consider subscribing to my blog to receive the latest notifications whenever I publish a new blog.
With that said let’s move on to the next way,
Building backlinks and competitive research.
Look, any SEOs, blogger, and digital marketer you ask today,
The hardest part of SEO is building quality backlinks to the website.
Backlinks were, are, and continue going to be an integral part of SEO in the future.
If you start an SEO agency, you would definitely have some idea regarding backlinks and how you would build them,
You can earn hundreds or potentially thousands of dollars from brands and small businesses for just building quality backlinks to their websites with proper legit ways.
(saving hours the time for small businesses)
Doing proper competitive Research and finding the best practices of the niche for both building backlinks and creating content is another service you can offer for your clients’ websites.
Keeping yourself up-to-date with the latest techniques and best practices of building backlinks can help you a lot if you are interested in earning money through SEO agencies and building backlinks in specific.
For up-to-date information regarding building backlinks, you can follow a blogger called, Brian Dean.
He is the founder of this amazing blog called Backlinko where he talks about all the stuff related to SEO and backlinks.
Thankfully, I have a bunch of helpful resources related to backlinks and SEO,
- Are profile backlinks worth it?
- Are forum backlinks worth it?
- Pros and cons of building backlinks.
- Why not buy backlinks?
- Which SEO factors are not in your control?
Let’s see the next thing.
Recovering a penalized website in google.
Another common SEO service you can offer is, recovering a penalized website from Google algorithm updates.
This is another enormous opportunity on which you can cash a lot of money.
In SEO the most common thing is changed and algorithm updates by Google because Google is the largest search engine holding a large percentage of SEO share.
After every major algorithm update in Google, many website owners actually freak out and worry whether their websites got hit by the update and lose their traffic.
By offering SEO Services where you can help small business owners teach them about algorithm updates and recover their penalized websites in Google and get their traffic back to normal.
You can actually help thousands of small businesses with websites and earn an additional amount of money every month running your SEO agency.
Improving website performance and conversions.
For small businesses and brands, they are looking for ROI.
There are lots of SEO agencies in the market that do not offer an equal amount of ROI to these small businesses.
Because most of these website owners of small businesses do not understand the technical stuff of SEO, they care about one thing very much,
How much money did they make a profit by investing in SEO efforts for their business?
By using experience, knowledge, and the right tools,
You can earn money improving the conversion rate of the website of small businesses byways like,
- Testing new landing pages.
- Using better tools for conversions.
- Doing better marketing of the product.
If you offer a reasonable ROI to other small businesses increasing the conversion rate and profit they would highly appreciate the effort and,
Would happily pay you more without you asking and use your services for a longer time and also do free word-of-mouth marketing of your agency which would again increase the visibility and customers list of your agency.
Managing technical and other aspects of the website.
This is one another way in which you can make your SEO agency profitable,
When you are starting an SEO agency you must have had an experience in SEO before,
- Creating a website on WordPress.
- Improving the website loading speed.
- Managing the technical aspects of the website like SSL, duplicate content, broken links, 404 errors.
- Designing and customizing the website.
- Improving site navigation and usability.
- Setting up important tools like Google Analytics, Google my business, and search console.
- Submitting a sitemap to Google.
- Promoting websites on social media.
- Managing search engine marketing and social media marketing.
Like there are lots of different things you can get done of your clients brand new website within a single package and earn a decent amount of money,
As many small businesses understand the importance of SEO and digital marketing, they cannot implement the ideas because of a lack of time and energy.
Like these are five different ways you can earn money starting an SEO agency and SEO business.
There you go I have answered everything related to SEO agencies.
Do comment on what you think about the blog post in the comments section below.
Share the blog post with your family and friends if you have found the blog to be helpful.
Sharing is caring.
Read my other blogs.
- Which SEO factors are not in your control?
- Which SEO factors are best for the long run?
- Is SEO worth it?
I will catch you next time till then.
Keep learning and keep growing.
Hi, I am Praneeth Kumar [19 years aged guy] founder and owner of this blog, I am a blogger and an online entrepreneur by passion and a college student in the Arts Education branch, You can learn my story from a college student to a blogger on the about me page.