Hi there, I am Praneeth.
In this blog, you will learn exactly 11 steps on How to start a blog and make money.
This is a step by step blog on how you can start your own blog, each step is made clear to understand with lots of additional guides to learn more about it, it is a comprehensive guide.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Here is a 30000-foot view of the blog.
How to start a blog and make money in 2020.
Let’s get started with how to start a blog and make money.
If you still have not figured out whether you should start a blog or not,
Read my guides,
Long story short, blogging helps you achieve the following things,
- Helps you become financially independent.
- Helps you live a life free of boss and job life, you can live and work wherever you want.
- Helps you become an influencer kind of personality to a group of people.
- Teaches you a lot of skills like networking, writing, and negotiation.
- Helps you live a more meaningful and purposeful life.
If I would decide one of the best or THE single BIGGEST and best decisions I made in my life, it would be of starting this blog.
Now, let’s see step by stepwise how exactly you can start a blog in detail, I am going to guide you step by step by linking to my relevant and highly useful resources in the process.
Let’s dive right in on the pursuit of becoming successful in blogging.
Note: Some of the links in the blog post are affiliate links which means I earn money as a commission for recommending products if you purchase any through one of my links in this post, this is how I manage to create free and helpful posts for you guys,
If possible you can buy products through my links and get me a cup of coffee this week in return, that would be a great help.
Step1: Select the topic or niche.
For your blogging journey, the most important thing is not blogs or hosting or anything rather it is the niche or topic of your blog.
Niche is the rock foundation of your blog.
Because blogging is all about solving someone’s query in some specific topic or industry.
So, selecting a niche is the most important aspect of blogging.
Well, you might be wondering, how do I find my niche?
The answer is pretty straight forward.
There are a few important factors you need to consider while selecting a niche.
The factors are,
- Interest – The most important factor is interest, if you don’t like a niche you are blogging about then the chances of failing are tremendous.
- Value – What’s the value of your topic, is there any money-making potential, or can you sell any relevant product in the niche you are targeting.
- Future – What’s the future of the topic, for example, Today you write 15 articles on some topic and imagine after 3 years from now, are people going to search for it on google or any other platform or not.
A great niche is a mixture of these 3 things.
I have written a detailed guide on how you can select the best niche for your blog, it is not possible to explain everything in this blog as to why interest plays an important role in selecting a niche and how you can find value and future of the niche.
Many people stumble upon the idea of whether they should be starting a blog on a general niche or micro-niche.
I have also written a detailed blog covering what, examples along with the pros and cons of both blogging strategies,
With that said, let’s move on to the next important step which is to getting domain and hosting.
Step2: Get domain and web hosting for your website.
If there is the only investment you need to do in blogging and online marketing space and make your career or earn a living from home in it then it is at,
Getting a domain name and web hosting for your website.
You might be thinking what is a domain and web hosting and aren’t there any free alternatives to them?
Let me explain.
A domain name is simply the name of your website, it is a unique identity that a website has.
Talking about web hosting, it is where your website files are stored on the internet so that other people can get access to the website through their devices and browsers.
Think about web hosting in this way, like,
If you are going abroad to study then, you need a hostel or a room to stay at and obviously, you will go to college from the hostel,
Here the hostel is the web hosting for a website where all the website files are stored and the college which you attend is the internet for the website where people will be able to access the websites just like you meeting your teachers and professors in the college.
I hope you understand the analogy.
Types of web hosting.
There are essentially 4 types of web hosting services.
Let me give you a quick overview of the different types of hosting.
- Shared hosting-This is the hosting plan where you will be sharing the resources of a single server it is where a bunch of websites is stored on a single server, it is like sharing space by multiple people on a single floor [apartment] of a building.
- Virtual private server[VPS] hosting-This is the hosting plan where you are still sharing the resources of the server like shared hosting but the websites stored on the server are less than shared hosting, it is like sharing different floors by a couple of people where each floor single website is stored in a multi stored building.
- Dedicated hosting-It is where you completely own the server without sharing the resources for any other website apart from yours- it is like owning a complete building.
- Cloud hosting-It is similar to dedicated hosting but instead of a single server, you can store your website on multiple servers, it is like owning a couple of buildings and storing your files [website] in different buildings nearby.
- Reseller hosting-It is like buying a web hosting plan of a company at a large scale and selling it to other people like small businesses and enterprises for lower prices and earning a profit like a commission, It is a business model suited for those who want to start their own web hosting company or service.
What about free alternatives to domain and hosting?
There is an alternative to investing money in a domain and hosting for your website.
You can actually start a blog without investing a single penny in these places but there are many disadvantages to doing so,
Like there are many free blogging platforms where you can start a blog without investing a single penny in the domain and hosting like,
The list goes on and on,
But there are many disadvantages with free sites,
Here are a few,
- Technically you don’t own the blog.
- You can’t monetize and customize the blog the way you want it.
- You don’t have complete access to the website nor its backups and FTP access.
- Migrating to wordpress is even more difficult than you think.
- You can’t use any plugins nor upload any theme.
For more information about these web hosting services and free blogging sites follow the guides below.
Read my guide on why the blogging platform is the most important thing in blogging.
Read my guide on the pros and cons of blogging without investing in a domain name and cms.
Read my guide on why you should choose wordpress for your blog, not Wix or Weebly.
Read my guide on the advantages and disadvantages of blogger[free blogging platform].
Read my guide on the advantages and disadvantages of using Tumblr.
There are many hosting providers out there like Siteground, Hostinger, WPX hosting, A2 hosting, etc but I highly recommend you to go with Bluehost hosting service.
With that said, here are 10 reasons why as a new beginner to blogging you should choose Bluehost as your web hosting service provider for your blog.
Why choose Bluehost hosting for your new blog?
Bluehost is the number one hosting for beginners.
Here are 10 specific reasons you should consider Bluehost as your hosting provider compared to other hosting providers on the internet for your blog.
1. The excellent loading speed and uptime of the website.
When we are talking about website loading speed a lot of things are actually dependent on the website hosting.
You know, how fast is your server to load the files and send them to the browser of the user. we call is server response time.
It depends on the server, sure there are many other factors like,
- Images size.
- The theme of the website.
But overall the website speed is a lot to do with the hosting of the website and Bluehost is kind of performing well in that particular area.
According to hosting facts, the hosting has the fastest response time of around 581 milliseconds.
That’s pretty much very fast.
Currently, I own Bluehost’s basic plan of shared hosting, and here are my website loading speeds in both page speed insights and Gtmetrix.
According to google if your website is loading between 1-3 seconds, it is totally fine.
Here is the image of google and how page speed affects the website performance.
Talking about the uptime of the website.
According to website builder expert, Bluehost has 99.98% of the uptime.
Which translates to 1 hour and 45 minutes of downtime in a year.
That is just awesome for the price you are paying.
2. Reliable website security.
Another reason why Bluehost is a great choice is that they offer incredible security for the website.
They offer free SSL certificates in all the plans from shared to dedicated and daily backups for almost all the plans.
They got very strong data centers to protect the servers and great firewall protection of the servers to prevent hacks by monitoring traffic to websites stored on the servers 24/7.
They also add some add-ons like Site-lock, free CDN, integrate multiple other CMS, daily server backups & spam protection feature in your plan where,
Some are free and others are paid which can also protect your website from different threats online pretty well.
So overall the website security is reliable and in safe hands.
3. Incredible support.
The only thing which helps Bluehost stand out from other hosting providers including those I mentioned earlier is that it has got incredible customer support.
- 24/7 phone support.
- Email support.
- Social media support.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- Highly trained and expert support staff with amazing guides, helpful articles, and video tutorials.
If you are a newbie starting a blog, then believe me you are going to make some mistakes in the journey of establishing the blog.
Of course, mistakes are very common and they are part of the journey of blogging.
When you have customer support like Bluehost where trained experts will be guiding you throughout the problem.
It is just awesome.
4. Easy to use.
Bluehost is one of the best hosting providers for ease of use.
They got so user-friendly dashboard.
It is so simple, so clean, user friendly and so easy to manage.
It just doesn’t feel like you need to have a lot of technical knowledge and a lot of coding to manage things & run a website.
It is just so user and beginner-friendly.
It is by far the most simplistic and user-friendly interface you can ever get.
Here is a screenshot of my control panel.
Another thing about Bluehost is, it is very budget-friendly.
- A free domain name with your own extension for a year.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Unlimited storage.
- Great website loading speed, uptime, and free caching.
Have a look at the features of shared hosting.
Just look at the basic plan and price of it which is just 2.95 dollars or 199 rs a month,
It is very much worth your money with the kind of features and addons it provides in the plan.
6. Recommended by wordpress.org since 2005.
Another interesting thing about Bluehost is that it is officially recommended by wordpress.org since 2005.
Have a look here.
Because of that and also because of its amazing features which the hosting provider offers,
It started in 2003,
Bluehost currently manages over 2 million websites worldwide.
So the hosting is pretty reliable and trustworthy.
7. One click wordpress installations and automatic wordpress software & security updates.
Because wordpress.org itself is recommending this hosting provider so,
All those who want to start a blog on the cms which powers more than 35% of all the websites on the internet should choose this platform.
As Bluehost offers one single click wordpress installation and automatic wordpress updates and easy upgrades.
8. 30-days money-back guarantee.
This is another feature that is the cherry on the cake for people who are new to the online business.
If you are confused about which hosting to buy and which one works the best for you.
Definitely try out Bluehost.
It is one of the best hosting providers for wordpress blogs which also gives you a 30-day money-back guarantee.
All your money is given back as you ask for a refund within the 30 day time period.
No questions and no conditions asked.
9. Easily scalable.
With Bluehost, you can start from the most basic website server like the basic website shared hosting and move further and further.
It is just very easy to scale your website to higher resources and higher plans in just a matter of a few minutes.
Meanwhile, you don’t have to deal with any loss of data and any coding requirement or any technical knowledge use.
All the work is managed by the experts of the company on the other side.
10. Free wordpress site migration.
If you already have a wordpress website on another hosting service.
And if you are amazed at Bluehost, you can migrate your website from your current hosting to Bluehost for free.
Though the wordpress site migration is free, there are few terms and conditions involved.
Here is the image of the terms and conditions for free wordpress site migration.
If you already have more than 1 wordpress website or let’s say 3 wordpress websites and want to move to Bluehost hosting servers.
You can do that by paying 149.99 dollars for Bluehost.
By paying for this plan, you can get migrate 5 websites and 20 email accounts to Bluehost at this price.
Here all the work is managed by Bluehost experts.
They will manage your website without letting things happen like,
- No website downtime.
- No traffic loss.
- Uninterrupted customer support.
Though this feature is confined to shared hosting plans, not for resellers, VPS, and dedicated accounts.
If someone else is doing the complete technical work of migration of the website for a reasonable price, I think it is worth it.
With that said,
5 Things to consider while deciding a domain name for your blog.
When you are purchasing a new domain for your blog, always consider the following 5 important things in a domain name.
- Do not use hyphens or numbers or long domain names, make it short and easy to understand.
- If possible, try including a keyword of your niche of the blog or website in your domain name as it can slightly increase your chances of ranking along with content and other factors.
- Make sure that your domain passes the mobile tests which mean, people can easily type and search your domain in search engines without making mistakes in typing in mobile.
- If you want to select your domain name as your own name, you can do that but don’t do it if you have planned on selling your business after it reaches a certain level because named expired domains don’t get sold mostly.
- Always use the .com extension because it Is the most trustworthy domain extension.
Search for domain names before selecting a domain yourself on Bluehost here.
Get Bluehost hosting for your website.
Bluehost.in if you are from India, I want to explain in India site the same procedure applied in bluehost.com.
Step 1. Get started with Bluehost for just 199/rs with my special link [65% off on your hosting].
Step 2. click on get started.
step 3. You will be presented with the plans for hosting.
Because you are just starting out you can choose a basic plan.
step 4. click on the basic plan, in every plan you will be offered a domain name for free for a year.
SSL certificate is also free which costs you some money if not.
They will ask you to select the domain, you can choose it later.
step 5. click on select later and fill in the details in account information.
Fill in all the important details.
Step 6. choose the plan either for a year of 3 years at a time,
You will get the 199rs offer hosting only if you buy the hosting for 3 years otherwise it will be for 299 rs a month for a year.
step 7. You can choose to include additional things like Sitelock and tools and code-guard, click on more information to know what is it.
step 8. Choose the payment method.
step 9. fill in the required and asked details and complete the transaction.
step 10. After the transaction is completed wait for some time and opens your Gmail account to get verification of the payment.
Note. mail will be sent to the account which you give in the details during the transaction.
Step 11. Open the Bluehost site and click on login.
step 12. Get to Bluehost dashboard and control panel and install wordpress.
Step 13: Install wordpress with a single click of a button in the control panel.
After adding all the information asked,
Select the username and password and get into the dashboard of wordpress.
Get bluehost here below [My Affiliate link].
Step3: Install wordpress and configure 3 essential settings.
After you install wordpress, here are 3 important settings you need to configure in your wordpress account.
1. Go to settings and select permalinks and select the highlighted permalink structure for your blog.
Although the permalinks or URL structure or length does not affect SEO or your rankings in any way, the following permalink which I highlighted in the arrow mark appears more attractive.
Url something like this,
The following domain looks more appealing and more attractive than a URL like this,
A clean URL structure will indirectly influence rankings in search engines because more people want to click on results with a clean URL than ugly looking one.
2. Go to settings and in general, decide the name and tag line of your blog or website.
This is the official name and tagline of your website which appears in google search.
3. In the settings row, click on the reading section and untick the option called ”disable search engines from indexing section”.
This is the most important step because if you forget this step, keep it checked or ticked in and forget about it for a couple of months,
Despite you writing tens and hundreds of blogs and backlinks, google and other search engines will not index your website because the setting won’t allow search engines from indexing your website.
Always make sure the option is unchecked or unticked.
With the settings fallen right in place, let’s get the theme on the website.
Step4: Get the theme on the website.
In wordpress select the appearance and themes and click on add new theme.
You can either search for new themes or filter the themes according to your choice.
click on add.
Use the filter to get the best theme you want to install and apply on your site.
After getting the theme installed on your website you can customize the way you want it to look,
People do judge a book by its cover.
Similarly, a website is also judged with the theme and appearance, not just that,
A good theme is always a great thing for the website because,
- Website theme is important to build trust with the audience.
- Website theme is important to reduce the bounce rate of the website and boost rankings.
- Website theme helps build the brand and establish authority.
There are many free and paid themes you can use on your wordpress website.
If you are tight on budget and don’t want to invest any further in blogging other than the wordpress and hosting, then it is totally fine.
Here is a list of 5 themes you can use which are wonderful for both free and pro plans.
- Astra- This is a multi-purpose theme, super optimized for speed and customization.
- Generatepress- This is another multi-purpose theme, and the lightest theme on the internet, and super optimized for customization in pro plan.
- OceanWP- It is a free wordpress multipurpose theme with tons of features for customization and optimized for SEO.
- Hestia- It is one of the oldest and most popular and highly rated themes both optimized for speed and customization.
- Newsmag- It is one of the best news magazine themes and the most popular one both optimized for speed and customization.
Step5: Setup important tools and plugins.
It’s time to get some important tools and plugins on your WordPress website.
Here I want to specially mention 5 most important tools and plugins for your website you must have,
As soon as you install the wordpress theme and customization is done, you first install the plugin called
This is the number 1 SEO plugin and with this plugin, it manages most of your on-page and technical SEO part of your website.
First, go to plugins and add new and write rank math in search. install the plugin which I made in the box and activate.
After filling some of your information and details in the plugin,
Get to the plugin dashboard and activate some of the settings like,
- 404 monitor.
- Seo audit.
Another plugin I highly recommend is Updraft plus backup plugin.
Of course, the Bluehost hosting company will take the backup of your website but,
It is always recommended to have a manual backup of your website with yourself like there can be many situations like the server might be down or the services are busy or your website is hacked.
Updraft is the number 1 wordpress backup plugin for a reason because it is highly user friendly and free.
For more information on the plugins and all the plugins you should download on your wordpress website, follow the below guides I have written, it is not possible to cover all the plugins in detail so better to learn it in separate posts.
Read my guide on top wordpress plugins you should download on your wordpress website.
The next tools are,
- Google Analytics – This is a tool that Google gives for you as the webmaster to analyze and see your website traffic sources, top pages, and much more amazing website information.
- Google search console – This is a tool that Google gives for you to see all the keywords your blog ranks for with ctr, impressions, top linked pages, and much more useful data to make a blog successful.
- Canva – This is a tool that helps you create awesome custom infographics, images, and logo for your website, The tool is awesome and you can create amazing graphics for your website using the drag and drop filter.
Read the following guide to get the analytics and search console activated on your website.
You can start your own free trial of 30 days on canvas for free, get started and you will not regret your decision.
Step6: Publish important pages & customize your blog.
Hereafter you publish some of the most important pages such as,
- terms and conditions
- about us
- contact us
After publishing these important pages first on your blog, it is time to start customizing your blog so that these pages can appear on your website.
You can add categories
You can add tags.
You can create your own custom menu in the header part of the website where you can organize anything you want from pages to posts to individual categories you created earlier.
Step7: Learn SEO.
After publishing the important pages and setting the menu categories of the blog where you need to learn a few important things about SEO.
Seo is called Search engine optimization where you optimize your website or blog according to search engines to be able to rank high on search engines, get traffic to your website through search engines.
There are 3 types of SEO,
- On-page SEO.
- Off-page SEO.
- Technical Seo.
Here is a table where I explained the meaning and important factors of each type of SEO in detail.
In simple terms, it is about optimizing an individual web page to be able to rank high on search engines.
In simple terms, it is about taking a few actions outside the website which impact rankings in search engines.
|In simple terms, it is about optimizing a website to let search engine crawlers index the website more efficiently and cause higher rankings in long term.||
Step8: Do the keyword research.
Keyword research is the most essential part of blogging and SEO.
For your kind information, keyword research in simple terms is the process of identifying the keywords or phrases that people are using to search for anything on search engines.
Blogging in its heart is all about finding the queries of people and answering them in the blogs.
When talking about keyword research, people have this concept of subscribing to the expensive keyword and SEO tools and finding keyword ideas from the tools.
There are many other free tools that can also be very helpful for you in finding some of the best keyword ideas for your blog.
Here are 7 of the best and free keyword research tools that can actually help you uncover some of the best keyword ideas and opportunities for your blog.
It is all about keyword research
- Answer the public- It is a free keyword research tool where you get 2 searches a day for free, this tool collects questions people are searching for on search engines and various forums and gives you a good list of amazing questions in alphabetical order.
- Soovle- This free keyword research tool gives you amazing keyword ideas from google youtube, bing, amazon, Wikipedia, Yahoo, etc all in one place.
- Google auto suggestions- It is just using google whenever you search for something, you get those autosuggestions which are great keyword ideas for your blog.
- Ubersuggest- This is a freemium tool by Neil Patel, you can get amazing keyword ideas and other related keywords like questions and prepositions for free.
- Keyword tool.io- This is another freemium tool that gives you hundreds or thousands of keyword ideas for your blog for free, all the data is scraped from google autosuggestions.
- Hubspot content ideas– This is not a keyword research tool but this tool helps you find amazing keyword topics you can blog about within a single keyword or topic, you can find up to 250 keyword topics for free.
- Keywords everywhere- This is a free chrome extension that can help you find amazing keyword ideas on the search results page itself for the terms you search on google.
3 important metrics of keyword research you should keep in mind.
Here are 3 important metrics of keyword research you keep in mind while performing keyword research for your blog.
- Search volume – It is the total number of searches a keyword gets in search engine mainly google in a month and you will learn more about this metric in further guides of this section.
- Keyword difficulty- It is the difficulty of the keyword-based on different factors like a competition of the keyword and blogs that are actually ranking in search engines for that keyword, different keyword tools have different keyword difficulty metrics, you will learn how you can select the best keywords with low difficulty later in this part.
- CPC- This is the most important keyword metric, it is called cost per click, this metric lets you know what is the commercial value of the keyword, it is the money advertisers are bidding to rank high on the keyword and get the traffic of the keyword, It is that can you earn money if you rank in top positions of Google for that keyword, there are many tools that help you know the CPC of the keyword including tools like Ubersuggest.
For more information on keyword research follow my below guides,
With that said, let’s see the way you should check the difficulty of the keywords before targeting them.
How to check the difficulty of the keywords before writing the blogs?
Whenever you are doing keyword research, you only focus on keyword tools and rely on the rough keyword difficulty number and decide whether you should target the keyword or not.
It is not the right approach,
Along with using the premium SEO tools, you should manually check the competition of the keywords in the google search results page.
Watch this video to know why rough keyword difficulty data is a flawed metric to believe in,
Here are the following things you should look for in search results [SERPs of google] when you are targeting keywords for your blog.
- Check for forum results, if forums are ranking in search results like Quora, Reddit, and yahoo answers then you know that it is a low competition keyword that you can easily beat with your quality blog.
- Check for articles that are very old or are very bad, like you should be looking for articles which are like 5 years or 6 years old, google loves fresh content and you can beat old blogs.
- Check for articles that are short or are from low authority websites, like if most of the articles in search engines are targeting the keyword but have bad articles like a 500 words blog or are web 2.0s like Blogspot blogs or wordpress.com blogs if these sites are ranking, there is a high chance you can outrank them on a brand new website.
- Check for the backlinks of the top pages ranking for the keywords in search results using free Moz extension or Ahrefs free backlink checker tool, if there are fewer backlinks, it is easy to beat with good article.
- Check for AdWords ads ranking in search results, if many ads are ranking in search then you know that keyword has some value and you can make money from the keyword as people are paying for search engines for the traffic of the keyword.
With that said let’s start writing and publishing blogs on the website.
Step9: Start writing blogs.
After getting a handful of keyword ideas related to your niche.
You can get started with writing blogs and publishing them on your wordpress website.
Make sure that you install the classic editor plugin which is one of the plugins I mentioned.
This plugin gets you to edit the post the old-style way if you don’t like to edit each separate block.
20 Content writing tips and hacks for bloggers that actually work.
Here are 20 important content writing things you need to check and follow while writing your blog posts.
- Try scoring more than 80 plus in rank math SEO score for better on-page optimization of your website.
- Always use short sentences not more than 3 lines long because it makes the blog more digestible and appealing.
- Use bullet points and numbered lists in regular intervals of your blog posts.
- Try publishing at least 2000 words blogs on your website.
- Divide your blogpost with regular headings like h3 or h4 to make the blog easy to skim and read.
- Always highlight important blog post lines through bold lines to make it stand out from the rest of the content.
- Make your introductions short and sweet.
- Include and inject your personal stories whenever or wherever possible through your blog because facts tell but stories sell.
- Always back your statements with relevant facts to convince your readers and link to them.
- Keep the tone of your blogpost like a conversation and in an informal way as though you are speaking to your friend online and use a lot of words like you, I, you might be wondering, let’s get started, etc which keep the attention of the user throughout the blogpost.
- Avoid using stock photos as much as possible and include unique custom images and infographics through Canva, this can increase the chance of rankings and increase in getting backlinks to your website.
- Use tables and charts where necessary instead of explaining it through words because images tell 1000 words.
- Use Grammarly’s free chrome extension to check and correct the grammar and spelling mistakes in your content.
- Use Heming way editor to check the readability score of your blog posts and aim for 7th-grade level.
- Check the plagiarism of the blog in Duplichecker or Copyscape.
- Target one specific query for a blog post and include all possible and relevant LSI keywords in the blog post to rank for other similar terms.
- Run your blog headline [title] through an Emv headline analyzer and aim for at least a 40% score.
- Always include a CTA at the end of the blog post like asking readers to either sharing the blog or reading other blogs, depending on your content.
- Avoid keyword stuffing in your blog as it can cause you serious damage to your blog in the long run with a penalty from google.
- Format your content to make it attractive with proper usage of headings like h2 and h3 tags, proper image sizes, and content length.
Now it time to hustle and work hard and publish some blogs on your website, after you publish some decent amount of articles on your blog, its time to get traffic and build backlinks to your website.
Step10: Drive traffic and build backlinks.
Now that you have a decent number of blogs published on your website,
Here are 10 ways you can drive traffic to your website or blog for free other than search engines.
- You can use Quora or Reddit or any forum website relevant to your niche, answer the questions related to your niche in threads where people are asking the questions and leave a link back to your website or a particular blog post as the complete solution to the question.
- You can use platforms like google sites, medium, and LinkedIn to do the same of publishing your blog post on other platforms and leave a link back to your website to drive traffic to your website.
- You can use Pinterest to pin the images and create a new backlink to your website or blog post for each pin and drive traffic.
- You can share your blog post link in Facebook groups or LinkedIn groups relevant to your niche and drive traffic to your website or blog posts.
- You can use social media marketing which is paying money for each visitor who clicks on your ad for social media platforms like Facebook or LinkedIn and convert that traffic into a product sale.
- You can create a free Tumblr account and drive traffic from Tumblr which is also a social media platform to your website through backlinking to your website.
- Use web push notifications and send notifications to your subscribers mentioning that your blog is published and check it out leaving a link to your blog.
- Build an email list through lead magnets and use those emails as newsletters for driving traffic to your blog posts and converting sales.
- Create and publish videos on youtube & daily motion and drive traffic to your website by linking to your website in the youtube & daily motion description.
- Build links for referral traffic and authority.
Here is a video from brain dean founder of backlinko [my favorite SEO expert] on how to create backlinks for your website in 2020.
Step11: Monetize your blog.
After getting some traffic both organic and social to your website you can start monetization strategies to your blog,
There are many different ways you can earn money through blogging other than ads, here are a few,
Here is the infographic.
With that said, the blogging course is complete, now here are some of the most believed myths and misconceptions of people related to blogging which you should avoid believing in to be able to succeed in blogging
10 common myths about blogging answered.
Here are the 10 most common myths about blogging answered with relevant guides.
- People think blogging is dead as it is not because 3.5 billion searches happen on Google every day and there is so much scope in blogging still, read my blog is blogging worth it.
- People think building backlinks to the website is an awesome idea, read my guide on building backlinks where I explained in detail how building backlinks can be a bad idea sometimes.
- People think if you invest in a premium SEO tool like Ahrefs and SEMrush, most of your blogging is done where it is not the case, read my guide on how SEO tools can even hurt your website and you with facts.
- People think AdSense is something you should strive for most of the times for your blog, read my guide on why AdSense is a bad idea for your blog.
- People think blogging cannot impact businesses, read my guide on why blogs are important for business and how it affects your business.
- People think you should publish short blogs every day for a while to see success, read my guide on why publishing short blogs every day can be a bad idea and how often you should publish blogs.
- People think blogging is a very easy and a piece cake thing, read my guides on a most important misconception about blogging people have.
- People only focus on the money-making potential in a niche before blogging without giving much preference to interest, read my blog on why interest is the most important aspect of blogging not how you can make a good sum of money in blogging other than Affiliate marketing.
- People think free domain and free blogging platforms are great ideas for blogging in 2020, read my guide on why not to start a blog without investing in domain and cms.
- People think you should target each keyword in a separate blog and it will increase your rankings, read my guide on why keyword cannibalization which is targetting each keyword in different blogs can harm your website more than good.
There you go, I have answered all the queries and everything from start to end on how to start a blog and make money in 2020.
Do comment down whether you have started the blog or not.
Share the blog with your family and friends if you found the blog to be helpful.
Sharing is caring.
I will catch you next time,
Keep learning and keep growing.