Hi I’m Praneeth Kumar.
In this definitive guide we will consider and compare 3 different web hosting services hostinger vs Bluehost vs SiteGround and finalize which web hosting company is best for what type of website in detail.
So without further ado let’s get started.
Here is a 30000 foot view of the blog post.
Hostinger Vs Bluehost vs SiteGround: A detailed comparison.
In this comparison we will consider three different web hosting services individually and look at their top features pros and cons and their pricing options in detail and then finalize which web hosting company is best for what category and why.
But before that,
Affiliate disclosure: some of the links in this blog post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you buy any one of the products from one of my links in the blog at no additional cost to you.
This is how I make money from my blog and pay my bills and continue creating these helpful resources to you guys for absolutely free of cost.
You can check my affiliate disclosure for more details.
Another quick note to the readers that I have only compared the shared hosting plans of these different hosting companies in this blog.
So let’s dive right in the comparison.
Hostinger is an international web hosting company which is located in Lithuania, this company offers lots of services like, web hosting,email hosting, domain registration and cloud hosting services for websites.
The web hosting company was founded in 2004 and so far 29 million websites are hosted across 180 different countries worldwide.
Let’s take a look at the top features of using this web hosting service for your website.
- It gives a free custom domain name and SSL for a year.
- It gives a 30 days money back guarantee.
- It offers managed wordpress hosting.
- It has 24/7 customer support.
- It gives unlimited websites, storage and bandwidth.
- It has unlimited email hosting service.
- You also get Google AdWords credit for paid advertising of your website on Google.
These are all the top features of using hostinger.
Pros and cons:
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of using hostinger web hosting service.
- It has very cheap prices which is very affordable for beginners.
- Even though it is very cheap in price the quality of web hosting does not get compromised, you get fast loading website speed with inbuilt caching and HTTP 2 option.
- You get lots of free features like, free custom domain name and SSL certificate, zyro website builder, Google ads credit, etc.
- You get top class 24/7 multilingual live chat, ticket based or email customer support option, you also have access to lots of extensive and helpful articles and guides for help.
- Thankfully the hosting is optimised for wordpress users, you can install this open source CMS with a single click and update all the the necessary themes and plugins automatically.
- You get lots of features to make your website security like backups, SSH access, DDoS and malware protection, CDN, two factor authentication, etc.
- You also get a custom h panel which is great for beginners and user-friendly.
- If you don’t like the service you can cancel the plan and get back money within 30 days of time after buying the hosting which is a great option.
- You don’t have access to mobile phone call support in customer support options.
- You don’t have access to traditional control panel to manage your websites and hosting dashboard.
- Even though it does offer a 30 day money back guarantee, in terms of refund you only get web hosting money back not domain name and privacy protection renewal refund.
These are all the pros and cons of using hostinger web hosting service for your website.
Hostinger offers lots of different web hosting services but because we are only considering the shared hosting let’s take a look at the pricing of its shared hosting plans.
- Single shared hosting-0.99$/month.
- Premium shared hosting- 2.19$/month.
- Business shared hosting-3.99$/month.
Apart from other web hosting companies compared in this list hostinger offers monthly subscription plans but it is quite expensive as it costs around $10 per month.
Founded in 2003 bluehost is one of the top web hosting companies in the world which hosts more than 2 million websites.
As a matter of fact the bluehost web hosting company is officially recommended by wordpress.org.
Other than web hosting service, bluehost also sells different types of services like domain name registration, managed wordpress hosting VPS and dedicated hosting servers.
For more information you can read my bluehost review.
Let’s take a look at the top features of Bluehost web hosting company.
- You get a free domain and SSL certificate for 1 year.
- You get unlimited websites, SSD storage and bandwidth.
- You get 24/7 customer support.
- You get a dedicated IP address for higher plans.
- You get automatic backups.
- You get custom themes.
- You get Google ads credit.
You can visit bluehost to look at all the features.
Pros and cons:
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of using Bluehost web hosting service.
- You get fast loading website speed with inbuilt caching, CDN, latest PHP version, SSD storage drives and http 2 support.
- The web hosting is a highly optimised for wordpress websites as it gives one click wordpress installation, staging area and easy and automatic wordpress security updates.
- The web hosting company also takes care of the security of websites with things like hotlink protection, two factor authentication for account safety, free domain privacy, backups and SSL certificates, firewall protection, constant monitoring of traffic of websites, SSH and sftp access.
- You get lots of free features like free website migration,domain name, SSL certificate.
- You get 24/7 customer support care through live chat, email and phone call support as well as access to lots of helpful articles, tutorials and guides.
- It has a easy to use and beginner friendly control panel.
- You can also get all of your money back within 30 days of buying web hosting service if you don’t enjoy the service.
- It also offers lots of unlimited features like unlimited storage, bandwidth, websites
- You don’t get backups to all the shared hosting plans, you will have to purchase an extra addon called codeguard to get backups for basic shared hosting plan.
- All of the bluehost servers are located in America so if your website gets traffic from other countries apart from America you still have access to free cloudflare cdn to improve your website loading speed.
- It has lots of upsells while checking out and most of them are not really worth it.
- It has a higher domain name and web hosting renewal charges especially domain name renewal charge which is 18 dollars for a.com domain compared to other web hosting companies which is close to 10$, thankfully you can easily move your domain to other registrar’s.
- There is no monthly subscription plan in bluehost pricing, you can only buy the web hosting service for as low as 1 year and maximum for 3 years.
These are all the pros and cons of using bluehost hosting for your website.
Bluehost offers different types of web hosting services, and because we are only considering the shared hosting let’s take a look at the pricing of shared hosting plans.
- Basic plan-2.95$/month.
- Plus plan-4.95$/month.
- Choice plus plan-5.45$/month.
- Pro plan-13.95$/month.
You cannot purchase the web hosting service of bluehost on a monthly basis; you either have to purchase it on yearly subscription or a couple of years at a time.
Siteground is another popular web hosting company which was founded in 2004 in Bulgaria.
Siteground is also a good web hosting company as a matter of fact it is also recommended by WordPress.org.
Siteground hosts more than 2 million websites on the internet worldwide.
Apart from offering web hosting services, siteground also sells different other services like domain registration services, cloud hosting, wordpress hosting, and WooCommerce hosting.
Siteground is not a cheap web hosting company but it offers a great level of speed support and security to clients for its price compared to the other Web Hosting companies in this list.
You can learn some best alternatives to siteground for better value here.
Let’s take a look at the top features of using siteground web hosting company.
- You get free backups,SSL, CDN and email in all plans.
- It offers managed wordpress hosting.
- It hosts all the website on Google cloud.
- It has 100% renewable energy match.
- It offers staging areas with a single click.
- It offers a fast 24/7 priority customer support.
- You also get ultrafast PHP to reduce the loading speed of websites.
You can visit the official website of siteground to check their top features.
Pros and cons:
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of using the siteground web hosting service.
- It has great 24/7 live chat, phone call, tickets based customer support service and access to lots of helpful articles in the knowledge base.
- It is highly optimised for speed and up time as a matter of fact all the websites are hosted on Google cloud, you get a caching plugin, HTTP 2, CDN, SSD storage drives and ultra fast PHP.
- You can easily migrate your 1 website to siteground for free through the experts or migrate unlimited websites using the plugin.
- You get lots of website security features like daily backups, two factor authentication, firewall protection, free SSL, DDoS protection, SSH & SFTP access etc.
- Unlike other web hosting providers in the list siteground has 100% renewable energy which is good for environment.
- You also get a staging area to test the Website changes.
- You also have 30 day money back guarantee if you don’t enjoy the service you can get your money back anytime within 30 days after purchasing the hosting.
- The web hosting is highly optimised for wordpress websites because it offers easy installation, automatic wordpress updates and expert wordpress support.
- You can add multiple people to use your siteground account with different individual accounts by adding the collaborations feature in siteground.
- It has a higher renewal charges compared to other web hosting providers in this list.
- It does not offer a free domain name in the shared hosting plans.
- Even though if you upgrade to higher level of plans in shared hosting you get limited websites capacity not unlimited.
- Unlike other web hosting companies in this list siteground does not offer unlimited storage and bandwidth in the shared hosting plans.
These are all the pros and cons I have found in siteground web shared hosting service.
Siteground web hosting company offers 3 different hosting plans in the shared hosting segment.
- Start up plan-6.99$/month.
- Growbig plan-9.99$/month.
- Grow Geek plan-14.99$/month.
You cannot purchase the web hosting for a monthly basis; you only have to purchase it on a yearly subscription.
You can also read why siteground is so expensive here.
hostinger vs bluehost vs siteground: which web hosting is best & why;
In my overall analysis of the comparison between the 3 web hosting companies, I choose bluehost to be the best web hosting company between the three.
Bluehost is a perfect package of affordable prices with no compromise in speed, support and security for websites.
Bluehost is a perfect option for beginners, intermediate, startups and portfolio websites and online E-Commerce stores.
Some of the highlighted features in bluehost which I found are,
- It is the web hosting company which is officially recommended by WordPress.
- It offers lots of free features like domain name, SSL, backups, security.
- It offers fast website loading and uptime gurantee.
With that said let’s conclude the blog post.
These are all the important things you need you need to know between the 3 hosting companies.
Consider commenting down your opinion about which web hosting company you choose to start your blog and website in 2021 and beyond.
Share the blog post with your family and friends if you have found it helpful.
Sharing is caring.
You can read my other list of top web hosting for startups here.
I will catch you in the next time till then keep learning and keep growing.
Hi, I am Praneeth Kumar [19 years aged guy] founder and owner of this blog, I am a blogger and an online entrepreneur by passion and a college student in the Arts Education branch, You can learn my story from a college student to a blogger on the about me page.