Hi I’m Praneeth Kumar.
In this blog you will learn How long does it take to learn & become a digital marketer.
After reading this blog all of your queries and doubts regarding how long it would take for you to become a digital marketer will be solved, you will also learn why any specific time period does not really affect you in learning digital marketing.
Without further ado let’s get started.
Here’s a 30000 foot view of the blog post.
How long does it take to learn & become a digital marketer?
To be honest it may take at least 3 months to learn & become a digital marketer yourself as long as you are on the right path and right guidance.
In digital marketing there is a lot more focus kept on practicing the knowledge in real life rather than just on learning the knowledge.
Because of that it does not matter how much knowledge you have in digital marketing rather what matters is how much results and ROI you can bring to a business from your knowledge and skills in digital marketing,
Only results matter in digital marketing.
Digital marketing is a very general term and there are lots of categories in the digital marketing space that you need to learn to become a digital marketer like,
- You should learn Search Engine Optimisation which is about optimising a website so that it can rank on search engines like Google and drive traffic.
- You should learn social media marketing which is staying connected and adding value to your target audience on social media platforms.
- You should learn email marketing which is building trust and generating sales for your business by collecting emails of your audience from your blog and social media followers.
- You should also learn content marketing which is producing different types of content like videos, podcasts and blog posts and add value to your audience on different platforms.
- You should learn running paid advertisements on platforms like Facebook and Google.
As a complete beginner to digital marketing you will definitely have to spend a good amount of time learning and practicing the different skills of digital marketing which can take a good amount of time and effort.
Depending upon your experience in digital marketing the amount of time it takes for you to learn and become a digital marketer will vary and for example,
If you already have a blog and a website and you consistently publish content on it like me then you already have the knowledge about digital marketing like SEO and content marketing so,
it will relatively take less time for you to learn and become a digital marketer compared to a complete beginner in the field.
Now you might be wondering why it actually takes so much time to learn and become a digital marketer and let me tell you a few good reasons why it takes a good enough time to be a digital marketer in real life.
Why does it take so long to learn and become a digital marketer?
The main reason why digital marketing takes a lot of time to learn is because there are lots of things that you need to practice in digital marketing like,
- You need to build a website by yourself and publish content like blog posts and learn SEO, in order to do that you need to learn how to do competitive Research, keyword research, link building, and learn how to write content.
- You also need to learn how to run paid advertisements campaigns on platforms like Facebook and Google, in order to do that you need to actually Run advertisements yourself and you need to get used to the dashboard and different metrics, values which have a lot of learning curve involved.
- You will have to learn how to create lead magnets and capture leads for your email marketing, in order to do that you also need to learn building landing pages and sales funnel for driving sales for your business.
In order to achieve all of these things you will also have to learn and use different digital marketing softwares and tools which have additional learning curves which will also contribute in how much time it will take for you to learn and become a digital marketer.
As a final note I want to conclude that learning digital marketing is not a rocket science as you can easily learn different digital marketing Strategies and techniques within a couple of days from many resources online for absolutely free of cost but
the actual difference between learning and actually becoming a digital marketer is, you only become a digital marketer is by practicing and implementing the knowledge that you have accumulated over the period and actually getting,
experiencing the results by yourself rather than just understanding the strategy in theory.
The digital marketer is the person who can actually implement the knowledge he has in real life and actually get results to the business,
and in order to drive results and experience those results, it takes time because there are a lot of things that you need to do and figure out so because of this it takes at least 3 months in order to become a digital marketer.
An important note:
Before you ask again how long it takes to learn and become a digital marketer you should learn an important fact of life that everybody is different in this world.
Let me tell you how, I am Praneeth Kumar founder of this blog, I am a 19 years old school student and I am a Digital marketer,
you heard it right I am 19 years old and I write and publish content related to digital marketing and online business on this blog which I started a year back and drive traffic to my website from SEO.
- Learn more about me in about page.
It only took me 2 months to learn SEO and content marketing, to learn Digital marketing for my blog but,
Just because I did learn digital marketing and become one at a very young age does not necessarily mean that you can also do it,
There are lots of factors involved for a person to learn any skill like Digital Marketing (DM) and become good at it like,
- It depends upon your learning ability, like how fast you can learn things and implement the concepts in DM.
- It depends upon your interest and passion over the subject, if you are not really interested on the topic then no matter what you do and how many motivational videos you watch to keep yourself motivated but at some point of time you will definitely give up on the project because it takes time and a lot of effort.
- It also depends upon your discipline and consistency in your efforts, for example if you start a blog and don’t publish content on a regular basis then you cannot expect to drive traffic to your website from search engines but blogging is the best way to learn digital marketing.
Because of all these reasons even though it can take around 3 months time to learn and become a digital marketer there is no fixed time period which you can rely on that you can become a digital marketer because EVERYBODY ARE DIFFERENT,
we all have different ideas, beliefs, skills, qualities and interests. You can learn and become a digital marketer in three months time or in one year time depending upon yourself. With that said let’s conclude the blog post.
These are all the things you need to know about how long it takes to learn and become a digital marketer in 2021.
Do comment down what you think about how long it took for you to become a digital marketer if you are one, and also let me know if you are looking forward to becoming a digital marketer or not.
Consider sharing the blog post with your family and friends to let them know how long it can take for them to become a digital marketer if they are interested in it.
Sharing is caring.
I will catch you next time till then keep learning and keep growing.